Thursday, June 24, 2010

Family Stay-cation

I've felt that we needed a family vacation for some time now. Things just tend to get a little hectic and crazy and just stressful! I start having more emotional breakdowns when it gets to that point. :) So we were lucky enough to have a little bit of fun over last weekend. Alex's work party was at the Hogle Zoo this year and Kyle LOVED every bit of it! He was absolutely mesmerized with every animal we saw. Especially the monkeys. I'm so glad we had a chance to take him this year! Then we did a fun little hike up at Brighton, called Twin Lakes, on Saturday evening. Sunday was Father's Day and Kyle and I got Alex his own little portable grill! He loves it already! :) Oh, and he also got socks. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY ALEX! We love you!!
Then on Monday we went to Pineview with Alex's family and spent the day there! We had so much fun and our muscles are aching! :) Luckily we didn't get burned and it was nice weather so we had a great time, tubing and water skiing and just soaking in the sun on the boat! Kyle had a great time on the boat and experienced his first time playing with the sand! I wish I had a camera cuz he was having a blast! He would throw the sand in the air and he'd throw it on his legs and he'd throw it in a bucket! He loved it. By the end he was covered in sand and had it in his ears and his hair and in his diaper and stuck to his skin all over. But he was happy. He sat in the shade for hours just playing in the sand. It was so fun to watch him. :) I recommend to anyone (even if you don't have a boat) just to go to Pineview or another lake to just enjoy the water and sand together on one of these hot days. It was a great day!

We still plan to do more fun things as the summer goes along. Next week is finally our Family Stay-cation! It will be during our 2nd Anniversary and the 4th of July so we'll have some real fun things to celebrate too! During that week we will be going to the Live Aquarium, going to the Bountiful Temple, LAGOON! and a hike, after which we will camp out and use our portable grill in the great outdoors! We will also do a tour of the Hill Air Force Museum in Roy as well as the Utah Museum of Natural History on President's Circle at the UofU (which is free admission on every first Monday or every month!) We will be doing some relaxing and watching movies as well as ordering Dominos Pizza. We will also eat at one of the two fine restaurants, the Cheesecake Factory, or the Roof. What a treat, huh!!??? I'm so excited to get to spend the whole week with Alex and just relax and have some fun!

Just a quick update on Kyle's vocabulary: Current words are: Yeah.. and Hi.

Pictures of the zoo to come....

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope Stew and I can go on one campout, just the two of us, this year.