Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

So this year we were able to celebrate our 3rd Anniversary together in Logan and had our wonderful family there to watch Kyle! It was probably the best anniversary yet! I know there are not many to compare to, but I really wanted to make sure we had a good time since we don't really have many chances to have a good long vacation AND babysitters at the same time these days! So I took Alex up to Logan and we ate at the Olive Garden. Our meal was FABULOUS! Our dinners had so much food that we were able to take the leftovers back to our hotel (complete with a fridge and microwave) and heat them up the next day for lunch. After the Olive Garden, we went to the Down East Basics Outlet and Alex found a belt and I found a t-shirt. We went back to our hotel and got to go swimming and catch the last part of the movie Shrek. The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast at the hotel and went to a session at the Logan Temple. Right after that we had just enough time to pack up our room and heat up the leftovers before checking out. We found a park nearby (which was so beautiful and peaceful) and had lunch. We got to see a good part of Logan and were able to picture the possibility of living there for our 3rd and 4th years of medical school. So after lunch we went to the hospital and looked around for a while. Unfortunately we weren't able to get a tour of the whole thing, but we saw as much as we could. We got to stop by Gossner's Cheese Factory and got some "squeeky cheese" and ice cream. They were both delicious, as always. After that we stopped by Bear Lake and looked around up there. We even got to see my family's picture at the Bear Lake Pizza Restaurant from 2004 when we ate the entire "Old Ephraim" pizza. If you're not familiar with what that is, it is the biggest pizza ever! I think something like 28". Normal pizzas are probably 18" or so. Anyways, if you eat the whole thing, they take your picture and post it on the wall. My family has done it twice so we always like to go and see our pictures when we're up there. Just before driving back to Taylorsville we picked up some famous raspberry shakes and enjoyed them on our way back. We had planned to go camping, but the flooding has been pretty bad up there lately, so the ranger warned us to not camp.

All in all though, it was a perfect trip! I am so happy that I was able to share such a fun vacation with my best friend. He is always there to buoy me up and make me feel better, especially during these rough pregnancy days. He always helps me to see the bright side of things and can always make my day better. He has been a constant comfort and loving companion to me and I don't know where I'd be without him. I'm grateful everyday that Heavenly Father sent him to me, making up my perfect other half. Happy Anniversary Alex! I can't wait to see what the next 3 years will bring!

No comments: