My contractions started on Saturday and Kyle was born on Monday, June 1. I got sent home twice and had to stay the third time because my water broke. I just wasn't dilating so they insisted I was not really in labor. However, Kyle just wasn't pushing down right on my cervix as he was facing the wrong way. After my water broke (and two days of extreme pain!) They gave me an epidural and I began pushing a little before my doctor arrived. I pushed for an hour and a half before my doctor said that Kyle was not coming and I would have to have an emergency C-section! What a surprise! I was not ready for that, but ready or not I was sent into the operating room. 2 min later I was asleep from the exaustion so I didn't even know what was going on. I woke up to Kyle crying. It was the only time I have ever thought it was a beautiful sound. :) I was so happy I could finally hold my baby, but it all seemed surreal still. I couldn't believe I was holding MY baby! Now we don't know what our life would be like without him, but it definitely took a few days to adjust. Here are a few fun pictures. I try and take a few every day so I don't miss him growing up!
Kyle Alexander Swan
Born June 1, 2009 at 1:39 pm
Weight: 8 lbs. 12 oz. Length: 20.5 in.
No comments:
Post a Comment