Saturday, September 19, 2009
Football...
So... my idea of a fun and exciting afternoon is NOT watching football. When I married Alex, I knew from the beginning that every fall my life would include hearing about, watching, and going to Utah football games. Mostly I was ok with that because I want to support Alex in the things he likes, and he supports me when I want to go to concerts and stuff. But I usually get pretty bored because I have no idea what's going on most of the time. The extent of my knowledge of football is recognizing a touchdown, a fumble, and an extra point attempt. I don't really retain anything else that Alex tries to teach me. I don't know what my problem is, but learning football is like learning Calculus. I just don't get it. But just the same, I love spending time with Alex and I'd rather be with him than any where else, so I humor him. Most the time I am just silly and yell things like "oh come on!" and "what are you doing!?" when they are doing bad and when they are doing good I follow Alex and say "woo! Alright yeah!" or "that was awesome!" I still don't know what most of everything is, but I try and be fun and supportive to make it a good experience for the both of us. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you are such a good wife! i don't even go that far, however stephen just started getting semi-into football which is SOOO lame. (i have no idea what is going on!) you know ALOT more about it than i do! but the funniest part is i can TOTALLY see you saying those things! it totally made me laugh when i was reading your post! i love it!
That's awesome that you support him! I've also learned that it's okay to send him off with the guys to stuff like that. That way he's hanging out with people who share his same passion and can talk about it with him. Then he comes home and is totally pumped and you can do no wrong. ;-)
Post a Comment