Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Search for Housing...

We finally have a place to live in Kirksville Missouri! It is $650 per month for rent and a lot of it is newly remodeled. (the reason being that a tornado came through and trashed most of it about a year ago.) I know that a scary thought but it looks so nice and it's in a great neighborhood! It will only take Alex about 5-7 min to get to school everyday and the street it's on is often called "Mormon street" by the med students for obvious reasons. :) This duplex has two bedrooms. The main floor is the living room and kitchen which goes out to the deck in the back or to the GARAGE (wahoo!) Then upstairs is one bathroom and the two bedrooms and downstairs is the basement and the other bathroom. It also has a door going to the backyard (which is pretty big). So we are pretty excited!! Here are my pictures... without the backyard picture. I couldn't get it to work and it was more frustrating than it should have been so this is what you get.

This is the basement back door that leads to the backyard as well as the 1/2 bathroom with washer and dryer included.

This is our ginormous basement that will basically be our T.V. room and Alex study room (most of the time). Hopefully having a space of his own helps!!

This is upstairs. Probably Kyle's room judging by the size of the closet. :)
The girl in the picture is Christa who housed us while we looked for housing and was absolutely the reason we even found this place! Thank you Christa!

This is our closet. :) Twice as big as Kyle's.
Our room is below. (Notice how well lit every room is. So nice!!)


The linen closet that will hold our many towels and sheets and blankets...


The upstairs bathroom. Notice the tiny mirrors. They are even too short for Alex to really use them. One of the only draw backs to this wonderful place.

Our kitchen on the main level. A little small but it is pretty open with some good counter space.


The main floor and living room. Great window light and just enough space for my piano and a couch. Oh, and a piano student or two. :)


And last but not least.....
Our GARAGE!! YAY! The car parked out front was our rental car, sadly enough. It is not the car we own. :(

5 comments:

Haylee said...

Wow! That looks super nice! I think you will love it there! That is so funny that they call it "mormon street." We are sure going to miss you guys, but I am sure you'll have a great time there!

Dan and Nicole said...

That is so great! What a big space for such a great price!!!

Maggie said...

I love it! Good job! Plus, a garage is sooooo nice!

Jacob said...

Dang, I am SO JEALOUS!!!! I would KILL for a backyard, a garage, and that basement.... No fair!! Is it a duplex or just a house? I'm glad there's something like that to be excited about! :)

Heidi said...

Wow, that looks really really nice! I'm excited you found something you like.