Saturday, May 1, 2010

Gretchen's Golden Nugget

Gretchen's Golden Nugget... Where have you been all my life??? Your intense praline ice cream with Leatherby's most wonderful caramel in the world drizzled over the top and savored on the bottom. The crispy pralines with just a touch of cinnamon sprinkled over the top to melt in your mouth. And to top it off, placed right in a beautiful waffle bowl with a touch of whipped cream and a cherry on top.

I just thought I'd write about this new love of mine. This little piece of heaven. If I could rename this divine treat, it would be something more like "Heaven's Golden Nugget" or "Celestial Golden Nugget" or even "Celeste's Golden Nugget". Each bite was like heaven on earth! It was the perfect size to share with Alex on his birthday trip there at Leatherby's. It was so delightful and creamy! I couldn't get over it. Alex kept laughing at me cuz I couldn't stop eating and said another "MMMM!" or "wow!" with every bite! It was truly my next love in life. I'm not usually an ice cream fan at Leatherby's. I usually go for the cheese fries while I watch everyone else guzzle down their rich with chocolate or peanut butter and caramel huge...ness... of an ice cream.... thing.... But from this day forth... I am a new convert and will forever be loyal to you, my new love. Gretchen's Golden Nugget... mmmm. :)

No comments: