I thought I'd write about our family stay-cation since it was so much fun! We had a GREAT time. Wednesday, we dropped Kyle off with my family and left to go see the movie Toy Story 3. We LOVED it! Alex says we will own it within the same week it comes out. :) We really like Pixar movies. The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, UP, and lots more. After the movie, we went home and had some lunch and I gave Alex an anniversary gift... A Ukelele! He had mentioned that he wanted to learn since my family has one, and I love that he wants to keep music in our home, so I got him one. He was VERY surprised, but he played it almost the whole rest of the vacation. :) That evening we went and did a session at the Bountiful Temple, where we were married and ate at the cafeteria. It was such a nice evening full of wonderful memories of our special day 2 years ago. We came home and had the youth of our ward over pretending to be missionaries, so we made them Cinncinati style chili. Everyone liked it I think.
Thursday we slept in since we had Kyle sleep over at my family's house. It was so wonderful! :) Then we packed up and went to LAGOON for our anniversary! It was so much fun. There weren't too many long lines until a few hours after we were there. Alex got me cotton candy (which I haven't had in years) and we stopped by Pioneer Village and got some ice cream. We rode the Samuri twice and the rocket twice and on the rocket I screamed my guts out! But it was so much fun. We came to pick up Kyle after and Alex went with my dad to go to play Raquetball.
Friday we had planned to go camping, but we figured that the mountains would be really crowded during the 4th of July weekend, so instead we just hung out at home, swam with some of my family, and relaxed until noon when we went to Alex's dentist appointment and the Live Aquarium in Sandy. It was so fun! The only complaint I had was that it was so small for all the stuff they have there. They had an octopus and lots of jellyfish. They had a petting pool with sting rays. They had penguins and sharks. I really loved it but it was very crowded and hot with so many people. Especially when they did the feedings.
Saturday we relaxed at home until we went over to Alex parent's house. While we were there Alex built a fire with one match and kept saying "One match Alex STRIKES again!" :) Then we cooked our hobo dinners and afterwards make smores. I don't think I've had a real smore in a long time so it was delicious! Kyle played in the hose and got soaked! But he loved every minute of it. :)
Sunday, I taught my 4 year olds and after church we made a Chocolate Chip Cake from my favorite website (always the best recipes, without fail, melskitchencafe.com) and celebrated Alex's sister, Jenni's, birthday.
Monday we went on a hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon called Mineral Fork. We invited Alex's family so his parents and his brothers, Riley and Jordan, came with us. It was a nice hike with lots of shade but what Alex failed to realize was that it was considered an "advanced" hike. By the end we were all huffing and puffing up the steep hill, and after the 6 mile hike, we all crashed, some taking naps, Alex and I rode around Magna and then watched Harry Potter. We then finished our vacation by dropping Kyle off at my parent's house and going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner! In my heaven, I would hope that I could eat cheesecake every day. It was so great! Alex found a piece of plastic in his food from when they pounded the chicken so the manager came over and offered to pay for his piece of cheesecake. It was great! :)
We had a really great, relaxing vacation and best of all, we were able to spend some good quality time with Alex for 6 whole days! Thanks for making that possible Alex! We loved spending so much time with you! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment