Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow?

So every one has been talking about how much snow has been happening in Utah and it has been making me JEALOUS! I LOVE the snow and even though it can be scary to drive in, it is so beautiful and just makes Christmas more like Christmas. Well, out here in K-ville, MO things have been freezing cold, but no snow. One day we got snow, but by the afternoon it was gone. Then it happened. For the first time since we've been here it snowed over the weekend. But it doesn't satisfy my needs because it's not the same as it is in Utah. It was so super windy that the snow was blowy sideways and up and down and all over so some places had a tiny bit of frost, and some places had big snowbanks. The roads have been a little scary though cuz the snow was built up and then packed down with not much in the way of snow plows (the ones here are tractors with shovels hooked to them) so it gets pretty slick. Other than the bit of snow we've got, it's just been super super cold. The wind and cold bites, and goes right through everything. Our car thermometer read 1*F one morning, but was probably much colder with all the wind we were having.

It sure is good to have everything close by so we don't have to drive in the bad conditions much. It's also a huge blessing to have warm places to be so we don't have to worry about the cold so much. I sure am excited to visit Utah though. Snow or no snow, here we come in just 6 days! :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I LOVE that you are posting more! (I know I am obsessive about it. We'll see what happens next year.) I think it is an awesome way to get memories and thoughts written down and even have photos. Anyway, I'm glad. :)

And just so you know, we don't have any snow right now. (Does that make you feel any better? ;) )