So here's my catching up from the last couple months.
This Thanksgiving we were not able to be with family and wanted to do our own Thanksgiving dinner (for the first time ever) so we stayed home and listened to Christmas music and cooked together most the day. It was SO much fun! I loved it! It was a lot of food for our little family, but we enjoyed the leftovers. I loved being with Alex the whole day with no interuptions or having to go anywhere, and we got to cook together (which is one of my most favorite things to do with Alex) so it was an amazing day! We made all our favorite Thanksgiving foods. Turkey, of course, stuffing, cranberry sauce, real mashed potatoes and real gravy, (Alex did these since I'm used to the potato pearls and the packaged gravy powder) candied yams, rolls (from the store. I'm not that adventurous yet) and raspberry pretzel jello. It was delicious! :)

The Swan Family (first) Thanksgiving 2010
We are so excited for this Christmas! We get to come HOME and spend 10 days with our family. I can't believe it's almost that time! We don't have many decorations for our house for Christmas, but we have a tree and some lights. Kyle loved helping us put it up and putting on the ornaments was so fun for him. Now the trick is to help him understand he can't always touch them... any ideas?
He likes to feel the branches tickle his skin. He even likes to lift up his shirt and feel it tickle on his belly. :)
Kyle is very proud of our tree and loves to see the lights on it. He says "hot, hot" and tries to blow them out. He's such a cutie!
Making pumpkin roll. One of our favorite holiday treats!Eating his beloved fruit snacks!
i just want to say... "what happened to my little baby!?!?" It's like someone took him in the night and replaced him with a big boy that grunts and runs and tries to jump and throws and catches balls and talks and sings and sleeps on a big boy bed and blows kisses and help clean up and grows out of clothes and shoes before the seasons change and all manner of big boy things! Uh-Oh.... the baby hunger is starting to creep in. :)

2 comments:
I'm glad you posted again.
I really don't feel like we do interesting things every day, but surely there is something special that I could put down. At least that is what I've been trying to do. :)
I LOVE pumpkin rolls. But I don't make them very often, they take a lot of work.
I am already feeling like my baby is growing up and he is only 8 months old! Crazy how time flies.
Way to go on Thanksgiving!! I felt like I made a lot, and only made a few dishes, not the entire thing!! I agree that Kyle is so big! He's totally changed just in a few months. An idea for the tree, we have a fake tree so each branch that has an ornament, I bent it so it's hooked on there. I let Daxton touch them softly. (it was way too much of a battle for him to not touch at all) I also put ones down low that he can't hurt. My friend puts small stuffed animals down low so her toddler can take them off and play with them if he wants.
Post a Comment