Kyle is definitely getting smarter and smarter every day! We just love to see what he comes up with next. Here at KCOM, they have a special program that is free to us student's spouses called Parents as Teachers. They have a lady come around every month and do a "screening" of sorts where she tells you what things your child is excelling at, or what they need to work on. Last month, when the lady came she put out a picnic set with plates, forks, cups etc. and she just let Kyle play however he wanted to with them. So he would fill the cups with the forks and spoons and dump them out and do it again. One time, he went to put one cup into another and found that the spoons and forks were blocking it from fitting in there, so my little problem solver took all the utinsels out, put the cup in the other one, and then put the utinsels back in! I know that doesn't sound like much, but it was pretty good for 18 months I think.
Then this month, she brought a jack-in-the-box that had a button to push on the front. Kyle would actually push the button while holding his fingers on the sides cuz if he put his fingers on the top, the top could not open. He was doing things the whole time that she was surprised at. Like listening to all the sounds she had in different jars instead of just shaking the noisiest ones. He could stack many blocks on top of each other and knew he had to turn a lid right side up before he could try to fit it on the container. He also was very careful about putting pieces of a puzzle back together instead of shoving or banging it in.
Today he surprised us again when he was copying us doing different things like running and jumping and squating and tapping our feet and so on. We told him to try standing on one foot and after 2 or 3 tries he watched Alex do it for a while. Then he walked right over to me and grabbed my hand and THEN stood on one foot so he could keep his balance! I don't know if I'm over reacting or just bias, but I think I have one smart kid!! :)
1 comment:
We had that program in Michigan and I loved it! I think you do have a smart cookie on your hands. :)
Post a Comment