Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Cake Fit for a Baby


This is cake #.... I don't know. I don't keep track any more. :)
But I made this cake for a surprise baby shower for our SAA President. She was having a baby girl after having 4 boys! We are so happy for her. She had the baby about 2 weeks ago and is really enjoying having a girl!
I made it a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and cherry filling. The fondant was supposed to look like a quilt so I used a spatula to make creases, and then royal icing to stick the little pearls on. If I did it again I think I would make the little fondant balls around the bottom a little smaller just because they were falling off.


5 comments:

Maggie said...

That is amazing!!! Wowza!!

Nicole S. said...

This looks so amazing! Great job!!!! It looks yummy too.

Haylee said...

Sarah!! Oh my goodness!! That is one beautiful cake! YOu are amazing!! Do you have a good fondant recipe? I'd love to hear it if you do!! Way to go woman!!

Unknown said...

WOW! That looks way professional. Even James was impressed. It looks just like a big quilted cushion. Way to go. Keep it up.

Heidi said...

Your cake looks AMAZING! Nice work!