So I know it has been over a month since my last post.. I guess I just haven't felt like anything was that exciting. But I can do a little update for what has been happening.... Alex just finished his block testing on Monday and now only has 6 more weeks until summer! It is so crazy to think that his first year of medical school will be over in a matter of a couple months! It sure has been an adventurous year though! I've learned a lot about myself and about Alex and it has really strengthened my testimony to be out here where it has become so precious and important to me. I feel very blessed to be where we are and I look forward to see where we end up for rotations in 3rd and 4th year! Alex feels pretty burned out though lately and is VERY ready for it to be summer! He relieves his stress and worries by flying his new helicopter around (which he said he bought for Kyle, but it's turned out the Alex flies it much more than Kyle does. Who would have guessed that a complicated thing like that would be more fun for Alex than Kyle?? :) I have put cake decorating on hold for a while til I figure out what to do next and what I want to learn next, and I have picked up card making! I feel that having a fun hobby that I can actually see myself progressing and getting better at has been a real saving factor for me while we've been here. I'm still working on it, but here are a few of my first cards. If you are the lucky recipient of one of these cards, just know that it was made with lots of love and as much creativity I could muster! (I know, I don't have too many creative bones in my body. And as you can tell, I really like rafia right now. :)

Hopefully they will get cuter and I will gain more creative imagination. I hope the same for my cakes. I've been thinking about trying a square cake the next time around....
Kyle is talking so much now and copies a lot of what we say. The other day in the car Alex was pretty frustrated about an unsure driver and he said "Ahh! Dude!" We then heard Kyle's little voice from the back saying "Ahh! Dooo!" Another thing Kyle likes to say is "HEY!" Everything is "HEY MOMMA!" or "HEY DADDA!" Kyle LOVES (and I mean L.O.V.E.S!) to look out the window! Even if there is nothing going on out there, he just loves to stand by the window and watch for cars or even more.. BUSES! He always yells at the top of his lungs "BUUUUSSSS!!!!!" He is very good at the noises things make and he even has combined a few. His favorite is "tchoo tchoo! ROAR!" We just love him and are so excited to hear all the new things he comes up with. :)
1 comment:
Card making is a blast. Have you tried scrapbooking yet?
Post a Comment