Today is my 12 week mark! I am now officially done with my first Trimester and on to the second one. This pregnancy has gone a lot faster than I thought it would, and I hope as the weather gets warmer it will go even faster as we get more chances to go outside and do more with our days. Also, we will be visiting Utah in June/July, so once that happens I think it will go faster, then I will only have to get through 2 more months before the baby's here! We are so super excited for the baby to come and Kyle is so sweet with babies for now, I just can't wait to see the two of them together!
We also can say that another quarter is done for Alex at the end of this week! He's only got 2 more finals and one more day of studying! He has been so good this week to stick through it all. I know it's been hard on him, but it will make our week break that much more wonderful! We plan to go to St. Louis next week to go to the zoo, see the arch, a few museums and some other things we haven't planned yet. But it should be a great break, no matter what we do!
I just wanted to say how cute and how big Kyle is getting! For the zillionth time, I know! I just can't get enough of that kid! We have recently set a goal of being better at including Kyle in our family scripture study and prayer, since he is part of the family! I guess before we just thought he wouldn't even get it yet. But we decided that we needed to make it a habit early on so he knows it's something we always do, and that way we set a standard for him to follow and teach his siblings as he gets older. We've only been doing this for a few weeks now, but he already knows that it's just part of his bed time. Once his jammies are on, he points to the family scriptures and after we read, he goes straight on the ground to kneel and points at me to do the same. He doesn't know what we're doing, or what it's all about yet. He usually plays and talks through the reading, but he's learned to stay kneeling during the prayer, and if he does stand up, his arms stay folded. :) It makes my heart happy to know that he is learning some good things early in life that will later become a staple and real foundation for him.
Last of all, in Kyle bed time routine we sing a song after he is tucked in. He ALWAYS requests "snow!" which is "once there was a snowman", but we try to switch it up a few times so it doesn't get boring. But my heart melts every night after we sing and Kyle gives us a nice loud "YAY!" and claps, and then says "THANK YOU!" I just love that little guy with all my heart. He is such a good kid and really does a good job of saying nice words. Lately he's picked up on asking if you're ok. If someone gets hurt or is crying, Kyle asks them with a concerned voice, "ok?" He even asks himself if he's ok when he falls or bonks his head! I love it! He is such a joy in our lives and we can't wait to see what this next baby will bring to our family! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment