Over Thanksgiving break I decided to take advantage of Alex being home and helping with the kids to make this beauty! I've been wanting to try making a tiered cake for a while and finally got around to it. I'm proud to say that this whole thing is home made, right down to the fondant. This cake consists of: vanilla cake, vanilla butter cream frosting and raspberries in the middle. Around it is homemade marshmallow fondant flavored with raspberry. Believe me, this fondant was no small task! I'm still working out the kinks and had to make three batches before it turned out right. I almost quit after each failure, but I couldn't let the fondant beat me! By the end, I felt like quoting the movie Matilda by saying, "My sweat and blood went into making this cake!". Oh, and maybe a few tears along the way too. :)
So there you have it. Three things that I can be proud of. Hopefully there will be many more like this to come in the next year! I'm excited to get crocheting again and getting better at it, and I also hope to continue my quest of making cakes. Not only to decorate beautifully, but have them taste fantastic too! Here's to another year of doing things to be proud of!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, Jared is so cute! He is absolutely the cutest monkey ever:) I love your cakes by the way, I've been watching Cake Boss and I love it all.
Post a Comment