Monday, July 23, 2012

Tribute to Kyle

 June 1,  2009 we welcomed Kyle into our home and he has been a joy and a blessing to us ever since.
He turned 3 this year and I can't believe how much he is growing and changing in leaps and bounds! It is so fun to see his personality get bigger every day! I don't feel like I show Kyle how much I appreciate him enough. Many times I think I expect too much of him, only because I can see his potential. Here is a little glimpse into Kyle's life and why we love this boy so so dearly!

First of all... he is my little sweetheart. His heart is so big and so thoughtful. He often tells me that I'm pretty and that he's so happy to see me, or Alex. He is a sensitive spirit. When others cry, he feels for them sometimes cries too. When others are happy, he is happy with them. He is always polite and likes to find ways to please and make me happy.

He is smart. I've always known he was smart, but it is so fun to work with him in our own little "at home preschool" and teaching him the alphabet and numbers. He loves compliments and is very unsure of himself, but it brings me so much joy to see him overcoming obstacles and learning new things all the time. Here he is practicing writing his name!

 Kyle is so helpful! I love that he is bossy, and I hate it at the same time! I am also pretty bossy, so I bet I know where he got it. :) Kyle is practically my twin in so many ways and I love that I can count on him to help with cleaning, watching and helping take care of Jared, and even sometimes cooking! I love having his personality around and he is always surprising me with how much he remind me of... Me! ha ha! :)

Kyle has a great imagination. He loves to pretend to be a dog, his hands become birds and when he doesn't have his favorite trains or cars around he will use blocks or whatever else is available to take their place. He pretends the floor is on fire and runs around from couch to couch. He saves his trains from a fate worse than death!

Kyle is very musical! He will sing all day and even make up songs. Mostly about numbers. His favorites at this point are "the Utah Man song", "I am a Child of God" and "I love to see the Temple". Just today at lunch the cutie stopped eating to ask Jared if he would like Kyle to sing these songs to him. I told him Jared would love that, so Kyle proceeded to say "alright! Then let's sing!" And away he went! Making us all smile!

He is a true, red-blooded, Ute! He loves to wear his "Utah Man song hat" and sing the "Utah Man song". He loves to watch the football games with his daddy and loves to watch his daddy play Madden on the the Wii. Alex cannot wait for the day he can actually take his first born son, the way his dad did, to a real life Utah football game.

What a stud, right????

Pretending to be a dog in his lightening McQueen tent he got for his birthday!
Kyle does not like to be dirty. He was painting here and got some on his fingers. This is him saying to me, "Mommy! Wash this off me!" This made potty training about a year ago a lot easier. He still hates even more so when he has an accident and if he does, he cries bloody murder and tells me again and again it was an accident! He's cautious and careful and, like most, hates to make mistakes.
Kyle, we love you so very much! You are always on our minds and constantly in our prayers. We love to be your parents and are so excited to continue to see you grow. We are so very proud of you and we are sure that you will continue to make us proud every day! Happy 3rd Birthday! We love you!


No comments: