Saturday, August 22, 2009
Looking back...
I've been looking at old pictures from my wedding and honeymoon and really started missing that time in our life. When we were dating, engaged, newly wed, and on our honeymoon, I never really enjoyed the "now" like I should have. When we were dating I always said "I can't wait til he proposes!" then after he proposed it was "I can't wait til we're married!" then once we were married it was "I can't wait til we're finally moved in!" and so on and so forth. I continued this attitude while pregnant and having a newborn baby. Today I had an epiphany! I know it's pretty late, but I wish I would have just enjoyed the "now". Always waiting for something else is going to make me a whole lot less happier than I could be. While watching "The Music Man" once, Professor Hill said something that really struck me. He said something to the effect that if you keep waiting around for tomorrow, you're going to look back and see a whole bunch of empty yesterdays. I'm trying my best now to enjoy what I have now, while anticipating what the future will bring. If I were to do it again, I would have said a lot more "thank you"s, gave more hugs, said more "i love you"s, and laughed more when I was stressed. Kyle and Alex have been my inspiration in this. So I want to say thank you to them, and I love you. Thank you for making me laugh when I wanted to be mad. (by the way, Kyle is really good at smiling at me when I give him a mad face) Thank you for making me feel beautiful whether it's early in the morning or in the middle of cooking dinner. Thank you for helping me appreciate my life in so many ways. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was the exact same way. I always had these expectaions and wants. I was never fully happy just living in the now. Being married for two years I have started to realize that each and every day holds something special and the fun part is finding what it is. Thanks for sharing Sarah!
Post a Comment