Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mommy's Day To Me

So I thought it would be fun to do a post on being a mom just like everyone else, even though it's a little late, so here's what being a mom means to me...

loving. being an example. a shoulder to cry on. late nights. early mornings. continuous cleaning. smiling. being brave. needing him. him needing me. kissing. always carrying my purse...and a diaper bag. having goldfish ready at all times. hugging til he pushes away. snuggling til he pushes away. crying himself to sleep. crying myself to sleep. holding him while he sleeps cuz mommy is all he wants. making jam sandwiches. making breakfast. making lunch. making dinner. making homemade bread. developing patience. taking pictures. checking on him every night. making sure he's warm enough. wiping boogers. wiping faces. buying and changing infinity diapers. laundry. jammies. taking naps. not taking naps. still functioning either way. kissing owies. disney movies. never the same again. giving tylenol. forgetting myself. loving more than my heart knew it could. talking about jesus. feeding. holding. being the human kleenex. laughing. playing tigers and lions. teaching. learning. becoming humble. feeling lucky. not being able to sleep when he can't. always thinking about him. making it all better. finding the blankie. no sick days. reading. waiting for daddy to come home. taking walks. having an experience in life that is absolutely priceless.

If I could go back and do it all over, I would do it all again in a heartbeat. Being a mom is so worth every heartache, every late night, every pain and sadness that I ever experience in the mean time. All because it is totally overcome with the joy and happiness that can never be replaced. My heart is full.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I loved this. Great thoughts!

Maggie said...

Awesome. You make me want to have some babies.