Friday, October 8, 2010

Creepy Crawly

No, we did not visit the Amazon, or spend any time in Africa. This giant thing was found on our drive way tonight. The ONLY reason my foot was that close to that big of a spider was cuz it was the slowest moving spider ever. So I wasn't really nervous about it crawling up my leg or something. I wish I could say this is rare, but these babies are actually pretty common around here (along with a million other types of spiders). Good thing they are not dangerous. :)



I couldn't bring myself to squish it. I was too afraid of the big mess it might have made. I'm not sure that this picture does it any justice... the body alone was like the size of a quarter!



2 comments:

Kenna said...

Ewwwwww!!
I can say i've never seen a spider like that!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alex- Great blog! I'm glad I can stay in touch with your beautiful family this way. I hope you are doing well and your baby boy is just SO adorable.

Kind regards,

Natasha Pulou Gines