1. The next to zero crime rate. Makes me feel safe at night. Pretty much all the police do all day are write traffic tickets. :)
2. The rainstorms. We get some pretty gnarly lighting and thunder shows at night. Oh, and no one has sprinklers. No need. It'll rain soon. What we all DO need are "sump pumps" that keep our houses from flooding.
3. The friends and neighbors who are always there, and always understand.
4. All the locals here are really REALLY safe drivers. In fact they are so safe that they always drive at LEAST 5-10 mph UNDER the speed limit at all times, and take 3 minutes at a stop sign instead of 3 seconds. Ok.. so maybe it's not something I love. It's maybe more like a love/hate.
5. When I say I live at 9 Bobwhite, everyone knows exactly where I'm talking about.
6. My street is at the "edge of town", but still only 8 minutes away from the school and downtown.
7. Despite all my trips to and from the school every day, we still only fill up the car with gas 1-2 times a month.
8. Gas is cheaper here. Along with housing. Oh my, how the cost of living is cheap!
9. There are only 2 stop lights from my house to the school. Sometimes I make it through both of them green.
10. The TCC (exercise facility) and the local swimming pool are both free to ATSU students and their families.
11. All of the wildlife you have to go to the mountains to see in other states, are right in my backyard! (hawks, rabbits, squirrels, frogs, deer, squirrels, large birds, small birds, spiders, fireflies, squirrels, frogs, etc. etc. etc.)
12. We are in the Nauvoo Stake and the Nauvoo Temple district, so we make regular visits to Nauvoo.
13. Going to the local Walmart and finding a whole section full of deer heads and antlers, along with guns, rifles, target practice, and other hunting gear.
14. Going to Walmart and watching the (older) locals that hang out at the entrance and sit on the benches to talk to people they know coming in and out.
15. If you run into traffic, wait 20 seconds. It'll clear up.
16. There is basically only one busy street. Baltimore. It's the equivelent of.... Redwood Road. But with less cars, and only one lane.
17. Rush hour traffic is really only an hour. Maybe even less.
18. If you are not pregnant or have at least one child and your husband is a med student, you are the odd one out. (twins are pretty common here. I've been warned to not drink the water...)
19. If you are bored, it's more than likely someone else is too. Makes for better days when I know I can call a friend.
20. It's like we are living in Mayberry (Andy Griffith Show). Many of the stores downtown close at 6:00 pm. Traffic slows down considerably after 8:00 pm and the sidewalks roll in around 9:00 pm. :)
This is my kind of town. :)
2 comments:
Amen!
I'm so happy ya'll are doing so well in your new home :)Your little man is so cute and getting so big.
Post a Comment