Saturday, November 13, 2010

Getting Through

These past few weeks sure have been hard for Alex and me. I feel like Kyle doesn't get to see Alex nearly enough. In fact everytime Alex gives Kyle a hug or a kiss, Kyle says to him "Bye!" and waves! But as hard as things are now and as much as a miss Alex daily and wish for this whole thing to move on a little bit faster, I know that I have grown so much already from the experience. I have gone through so many different emotions and rough patches and came to the conclusion that the saying "this too shall pass" really is applicable to every circumstance. Not only the bad times, but also the good times too. We won't always have such close friends we depend on everyday. We won't always have these special bonding experiences as a family. The few short years when Alex can be in school and learning so much, and getting to do what he really enjoys, will eventually come to an end and we will have to find a place to settle down. These adventures will no longer be a part of our lives, although other adventures will take their place. But while we have them, I am trying to take it one day at a time and try to slow it down so I can really enjoy the beautiful moments of our crazy and stressful life. For example...



When I came in to check on Kyle last night to make sure he was covered (and still breathing) I found him just like this. Not sure how he did it. Maybe it's the precursor to the time when he learns to take his clothes all the way off! Yikes! :)


Kyle is an absolute natural when it comes to playing the piano, and he asks me often to be set on the bench to play. He also loves to have his blankie or "dee dee" tied around his neck like a cape.

I know this is late, but Kyle was the cutest little dragon around on Halloween! Thanks to a friend here in Kirksville, we found him a great costume just in time! I just adore these two boys! :) Ahh... how handsome they both look!


This was at our ward's trunk or treat. Kyle got to go to two actually that day, so the second time around he sat in the trunk instead of collecting more candy and ate a sucker. That was pretty much all he cared about. He's looking at me like "come on mom! enough with the pictures and let me eat my sucker in peace!"
I am learning more patience and understanding and such a DEEP deep appreciation for Alex. For everything he does for himself, and mostly for his family! I cannot even begin to describe how much motivation he has to have through it all and the brain capacity! I'd definitely be fried like bacon by now and Alex just keeps trucking on! I am so so grateful for the adventures that I've had the opportunity to be a part of with Alex. Even though it was not my dream to begin with, I can't imagine having it any other way and I hope to have more and more every year! I love you Alex! Good luck with finals next week! Here's to a well deserved vacation after! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! Best of luck to Alex on his finals. Those are always rough. I must say your little boy puts a smile on my face. He has the cutest smile and face expressions.

J and A said...

You're doing such a great job as a mom. Kyle always looks so happy.