Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Potty Training.. Well Sort of...
So pretty much since Kyle was born he's had very sensitive skin. Very, VERY sensitive skin. I guess just another great thing he inherited from his mother. In this post I'm particularly talking about Kyle cute little sensitive bum. I just don't get it. It seems like I can't keep his bum from getting a rash for more than a couple days. Then it takes a week just to get it back to normal! This week is really taking the cake on diaper rashes and on top of it all, Kyle has diarrhea. Pretty bad, I know. I feel like I am literally in potty training mode, except I'm pretty sure that I am definitely NOT ready to cross that hurdle yet. The only cure for his severe diaper rash seems to be to keep his bum open and dry. AKA diaper free. So we spend lots of time in the bathroom and on the toilet. Diaper rash cream doesn't work cuz he needs a DRY bum and the cream makes it more wet. Maybe these types of situations are to help me be a more patient and more understanding mother. Or maybe they are gifts from God when I get to hold Kyle for a while cuz he's in pain and the comfort he gets from a snuggle on the couch from mommy is irreplaceable. Probably both. But I sure do love that kid. I hope he gets better soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ooo... sounds crazy!! I could never get the desatin to stay on either, and then my friend gave me a tip to put corn starch on his bum first, and then the REGULAR Desatin. She said she used the creamy, and it doesn't work as good. I'm sure you've tried everything, but thought I would share just incase! :D p.s. I love the pictures of Kirksville... It's so fun to see you're neighborhood and hear about what it's like there :D
Post a Comment