Saturday, February 12, 2011

Catching Up

Well, to start I wanted to post a cute picture of one of my favorite boys in the world! What a cutie I have! He loves to wear his mickey mouse hat, but when he puts it on himself, it always ends up backwards! I love it! :)


Next, this is the cake that I made for our neighbor a couple weeks back. It was fun to do something different, but I look forward to doing my next cake, which will be for the med school's talent auction. The fondant I used was homemade this time. It's marshmallow fondant which tastes a ton better than the packaged wilton fondant, so I'll probably keep doing it in the future.

This little cave was homemade, by my one and only sweetheart! Alex went on a campout a week ago with his Wilderness Medicine club. They slept in their own snow caves (which I am sitting in here) and the next day did a race where they had to solve first aid problems such as frostbite, broken legs, tying special knots, etc. He and his team actually won! He had a great time and also won a hoodie AND a raquetball game that day. What a great day for such a great guy! Love you Alex! :)

I know that this was a couple weeks ago too, but I thought it should be on here. We have a major snow storm that closed the med school for a day and a half. The wind really made the snow pile up all night so the next morning we woke up to this! I'm standing in my driveway and my feet are probably not even touching the ground. It was crazy, but kinda fun to have Alex home to play for a day!

This is just one of the cool pictures we took of our backyard. The wind caused the snow to make some really cool designs in some areas. It reminded Alex of Lake Powell sand stone. :)

Well, other than those things, Kyle is getting to be Alex's little buddy. The other day, Kyle fell and hit his head and I rushed over there to make sure he was ok. As I held him, he turned around to look at Alex and said "I want Dadda!" It was kind of a bittersweet moment for me. I love that he said a three word sentence, but now I need a little buddy. :) Alex was pretty proud and just LOVES all the attention Kyle gives him. He loves to do anything with Alex and copies everything he says. I just love those boys and I'm so proud of Alex in all he's doing in school. He works so hard and I can't wait to spend Valentines day with the both of them! Happy Valentine's Day weekend everyone!






3 comments:

Caitlin said...

So umm.. is the widget on the top of your sidebar indicating something? Curious minds want to know...

Kenna said...

It has been fun to follow your blog since you guys left SLC and what experiences you get to have in med school. There is a couple in our ward that will be going to the same med school as alex, I'll have to email you there info so you guys can talk sometime.
Also is that a little pregnancy ticker on the side of your blog??? Is someone expecting??? Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear about that!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I enjoy reading your blog and finding out you have a wonderful "hidden" talent....making beautiful cakes. Your little man is so adorable. I don't believe I have ever seen a little man with such a fun personality.

P.S. Congratulations on the baby! I saw your side ticker. :)