I know this is a little late for Valentine's Day, but I guess this is more for my record than for anyone reading it. If you don't like cheeseball posts about marriage, then don't read on... but I just wanted to dedicate this post to my most wonderful and incredible husband. Why is he so amazing?? Well, if I went into all the details I would have to make a whole lot more posts than just this one, but I wanted to brag about the wonderful things Alex has done for me in just one day.
This morning I was feeling so tired, (like my pregnant body does every day) but I guess since I didn't have to go anywhere for a while my body decided I needed to feel more tired than normal, so I didn't get out of bed for a while. Alex, being the thoughtful man he is got up with Kyle and fed him breakfast, then brought me breakfast in bed! For no reason at all, besides the fact that he loves me. :)
Then I headed off to a stamp party I was invited to, leaving Alex (without a complaint) to take care of Kyle while I was gone. He let me spend some money so I could get some more craft/hobby things to do while I'm out here, and was super patient while I spent more time than I thought it would be choosing out what I wanted and having fun chatting with the other girls there.
When I got home, I discovered that he had not only fed Kyle lunch and put him down for a nap, but he also cleaned the house AND did the dishes! If I was in Alex's place I probably would have been upset that he took longer than he said he would and annoyed that I was home working while he was playing, but when I came in the door Alex gave me a big hug and told me how happy he was that I had a good time with my friends!
I'm so happy to say that I am married to this wonderful man. This is definitely not the first of such occasions and I know that it won't be the last. Alex is the one that holds me together as a person. He is my other half. He builds me up and is honest about how I can make good changes in my life. He is my shoulder to cry on and the best friend I've ever had. I laugh with him every day and our best memories are when we are being silly and acting like kids, playing games like Sorry and Mancala! He works every day to make our future and to make me happy. He loves more than anything to be with Kyle and me, and sacrifices so much of his time to make that happen. He holds the priesthood worthily and does his very best to magnify his callings. I love Alex with all my heart and I don't know what I would do without his unfailing support and friendship. Alex, you are my hero. :)
1 comment:
we all love a mushy blog post. its fun to talk about our good husbands publicly!
AND HOW COME NOBODY TELLS ME WHEN THEY ARE PREGNANT...CONGRATULATIONS! You mentioned it in a post, and then I read down to make sure that I had understood it right....YEAH!
Post a Comment