Sunday, August 21, 2011

What Alex Has Been Up to....

So every year the 2nd year medical students have a tradition to grow out their facial hair and then shave it right when the 1st years come into Kirksville, so it will look like the big, crazy mustaches they had back in the day when KCOM was first started. I think it's a silly tradition, and I absolutely hated when Alex had a bushy face, but nonetheless it's a fun one that gave Alex the chance to grow out his facial hair and be "a real man" for once in his life so I went along with it. I look pretty disgusting in this picture, but then again, so does Alex so I guess we're ok. :)


The other thing that Alex had done recently that was pretty big was giving a speech at the White Coat Ceremony for this years 1st year class. (He did shave his "Osteostache" before hand so he'd look more professional) He did such a good job. He didn't have to write the whole thing since it was actually the SGA (Student Government) President's job to give it, but since his father in law passed away that week, Alex was next in line to do it. It went great and Alex even got his face on the front page of our city's newspaper! If you're interested in seeing his picture you can go to this link. In case you didn't already know, Alex is this year's SGA 1st Vice President! He has been more busy but luckily a lot of the meetings and such are during school so I don't get affected by it so much. Alex has been super busy this year already, but he still takes time to be with Kyle and me and give us the attention we need. He is such a great dad and husband, as well as everything else he is striving to be in his life.





No comments: