Something that I've been wanting to do for a long time, but never really got into is putting together my own personalized recipe book. I don't like all the recipes in my other recipe books and I hate searching through them all to find my favorite ones and looking for which one is in which cook book, so I typed up all of our favorite recipes and I started putting them together in these pages, making it to look like a scrapbook! I'm really liking it so far, but I'm running out of ideas so I am taking another break to take time to look for more ideas.
When I was pregnant with Kyle I made him a blanket, so I thought it would be fun to carry on the tradition and make one for baby Jared too! (yes, the name is pretty official. If only we could agree on a middle name now...) So my friend came over helped me make this cute little blanket since she has a sewing machine and I did not at the time. My awesome and oh so sweet husband quickly got me one for my birthday though so I am happily continuing to sew and I'm super excited to start the sewing club we are going to have this year! (P.S. The stars are hand stitched onto the blanket. They took about an hour EACH to sew on. Not doing that again. :)
Kyle is proudly showing off his blanket. He is always so happy to tell me he has his own blanket and that the other one is for baby Jared. :)
I'm still doing cards too! I love having time to sit down and feel like I have some sort of creativity in my life. I have had the chance to make a few more cards recently to say congrats to all the moms with new babies here in Kirksville, since I have been assigned the "Outreach Coordinator" for the school's spouse club. It's super fun to visit each mom and get to see the new little babes! I love it!

4 comments:
You are one talented woman!! So cool Sarah!
Wow!! You sure have been busy!! Way to go with all you are doing!! And sorry I didn't call last week!! Hope you had a WONDERFUL DAY!!!! We sure miss you out here in Utah!! Be sure to call next time you come out for another visit!!
I do recipe cards too-I gotta show ya-you would love it! They are digi scrapped...anyway, adorable cake! fantastic job on it!
Happy 23rd, and YAY for a sewing machine! Adorable blankets as well!
I lOVE the stars! What a cute, cute blanket! Oh...and Kyle is so sweet. I hope you took a nap after he gave you his blanket and everything. :D
Post a Comment