Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Unassuming Heroins

My poor poor kids have both been sick now. I think Kyle has the same thing that Jared did before. I try to be positive about it, so I tell myself it could be A LOT worse! Jared woke up one night throwing up and had diarrhea for a while. Kyle could have gotten it at the same time and I would have been up with TWO sick babies. It's much easier to clean up one mess at a time. I've had load after load of laundry to do for the past week, but I think I'm getting caught up now.

I've had a lot of time to think lately being home with these sickies, and I've thought so much about other moms out there that are struggling so much more than I ever do. My heart goes out to those moms. They truly are God's greatest people. The strongest, the most patient, the bravest, the kindest. They give me hope when they push on and see it through another day. I try to be like them. Those that have sick children all the time. Or who have to see a child pass away before they do. Those moms that have to leave their kids to go to work so they can support their family. The women who struggle with infertility and hope more than anything to one day be a mom. The moms that have physical disabilities themselves, yet still rise above it all to give their family the best they have to offer. The new moms that doubt their abilities. The older ones that still doubt themselves when a child goes astray. My heart goes out to every mom. You really are a hero in my eyes.

No comments: