Thursday, January 26, 2012

VT

I want to give a little shout out to visiting teachers. Mine. Are. Awesome. They are so inspired and make me want to be better. But they don't judge me because I'm not. They come when I need it most and they make me feel like it's ok to have a messy house now and then. The past couple nights have been, well, sleepless. So today I felt like I was sleep walking everywhere and I could hardly keep it together. It was a busy morning since it's my day to babysit at the gym. Then I went straight over to Walmart to get groceries. Jared doesn't sleep well in his carseat anymore since he's trained to sleep in bed now, so his little cat nap was apparently not enough. He ended up screaming his lungs out half the time I was there, wanting to sleep, eat, get out of his car seat, who knows what else! So I hurried my way home and realized my visiting teachers were coming! I put the groceries away as fast as I could and put a few things away that might have tripped anyone entering my home, got Kyle some yogurt, and sat down to feed Jared. I looked around at my house and dreaded anyone seeing it like this. With Kyle being sick yesterday and going through loads of laundry and getting behind on the dishes and books and toys all over the floor and my gum paste flower stuff still out from days ago, etc. etc. I felt helpless. My visiting teachers came and can I just say... these women are messengers from God. I cried and laughed with them in the same visit. They did my dishes (not the first occasion that's happened). They talked with me and offered to babysit. Basically they turned my day around, in less than an hour. When they left it was like I was a new me, full of hope and energy to move on. I am so grateful for those women, visiting teachers, who are a gift from God. I know God loves me and that He wants me to know that.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

awesome. i love hearing stories about people taking care of each other. glad they turned your day around.
and can i say..i hear ya about the cat napping thing...grrr...

Nat-a-baby said...

I love this post Sara. This makes me want to be a better visiting teacher and friend. I am glad that yours came and helped you out that day and they were able to help you remember just how much your Heavenly Father loves you for all that you are and all that you do. :)