Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cake Trial #1

So Alex's mom Tawn got me a cake decorating set for my birthday and I have been so excited to use it this whole time! So I practiced and practiced on the things I wanted to do most (which were the flowers and a few different borders) and got pretty good at them. But when it came to actually making the cake... It didn't go as well as planned. The cake stuck to the bottom on one small part but got enough off that made it hard to frost, so I had to flip it back and frost the top, making it curvy on the top. Then when I frosted it I couldn't for the life of me, get it to go smooth! It just turned out kinda poopy looking and I was so depressed about it, I almost was too embarrassed to take any pictures. But then I thought it would be good for the sake of learning, so here are a few. Don't worry, I'll keep practicing and hopefully my next cakes will get better and I'll learn new tricks to make it more professional looking. :) Thanks again for the set Tawn! I love it! :)




3 comments:

Katie Abernethy said...

Sarah, that cake looks pretty awesome! Your roses are amazing. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

I would say it looks pretty professional. Good job, we can't wait to see the next one.

Unknown said...

I would say it looks pretty professional. Can't wait to see your next creation!