I can't believe we are already half way done with Alex's first quarter of med school! It really has gone fast. I was looking at the rest of the year and we only have six more weeks til the end of the quarter, then a 10 day break, then only three more weeks of the second quarter when we get to have winter break and we'll be visiting Utah for 10 days. When I think about it in those terms, it really doesn't seem that bad at all. We already need a break and Alex REALLY needs a break. He is so burned out and feels more pressure and stress than he has ever felt in his life, but knowing that it's coming up soon and then another break within three weeks... all I can say is... YAY! :)
I've really come to love it here in Kirksville. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone and especially those with a family, as the school and community cater so much to those with children and pregnant wives. They even have counselors at the school specifically meant to advise people having trouble balancing their family and school life. It really is great. I never feel left out or like there is nothing to do, even in such a small town as this one. I love that we have such great neighbors and friends and that we have 2 whole wards in our little town! The bugs don't bother me nearly as much as they used to, and it's really fun to be able to see wild life in our yard that you usually have to go in the mountains to see. Squirrels and rabbits roam all over the place!
Kyle is getting so big!!! We got him a little toilet seat to fit on the big one and have tried to get him excited about it. I know he's only 16 months, but I feel like he is already showing an interest in it, so we are helping him get started with the idea. He's already pooped on the toilet 3-4 times but he hasn't told me he needs to go yet. I only know by the face he makes. Then I rush him up to the bathroom and see if he'll go.
Kyle loves to play with other kids and is quite curious about some of them, especially babies. He is a HUGE moocher and will sign "more, please" to any mom or child holding snacks. I have learned that if we go to any outing or activity with Kyle, I need to carry my own snacks for him. :) He LOVES the slides and could go down them a million times before deciding it's time to go home. He can't always make it up the steps to get to the slide if I'm not helping him, and once he's up, he's too scared to go down by himself, so lately he's been trying to climb UP the slides so he can slide back down.
Some of the words Kyle says are "uh-oh" (he says that A LOT) "more" "hello" "woah!" "milk" "poop" "woohoo!" "ya" "thank you" (while covering his mouth, attempting to sign the word)"un-DO!" (one-two) and this morning he said "all done!" He also says "uh-ha" to everything we ask him. This morning Alex said "do you want a spank Kyle?" just to see what Kyle would say and sure enough, the answer was "uh-ha" :) Kyle also does all manner of animal noises. His favorite is the lion/tiger/bear/baracuda/any-animal-with-big-teeth noise. :)
Kyle is pretty much all boy. He loves to grunt and yell and run and jump on pillows and throw balls and play in the rocks. But he also has a sweet side and will scootch his way over to me while I'm sitting and try sitting on my lap no matter what was there first, especially if I'm holding someone's baby, then he cries AND tries to sit on my lap. He loves to sit on my lap while he turns the pages to books. We don't read the books, we just turn the pages. :) He also gives kisses, but mostly to daddy. Daddy says "Kyle... kisses!" and Kyle will walk over and put his mouth on Alex's cheek and say "mmmm..mAW" then go back to his business.
I really love our little Kyle and I look forward to all the new stages he's getting to.
No comments:
Post a Comment