I feel like I need to write today but I'm not sure about what yet... I feel like I have a lot on my mind. A lot about who I am and who I want to be. I feel like I am constantly analyzing that subject. I really do strive to be a good person. Sometimes I wish that things could be different. I hope I'm not the only one, but there are times that I wish I could go back in time and change something I did or said. Especially with my kids. Sometimes with my friends and family. And a lot of times with my ever forgiving and understanding husband. So lately I've been thinking about what makes people really great people, in my eyes anyway. I have some really awesome friends, an amazing husband and some really great kids.
Why do I feel that way about them? Well I could tell you that the friends that mean the most to me will listen when I need it, and give advice when I need it. They don't judge me and find ways to make me feel good. They look for ways to make me feel so special... like they thought about me all day. They are confident in me and make me feel confident in myself. That is what makes a good friend, to me.
My husband is my best friend, so he is all I see in a good friend and more. He will tell me what I need to hear and sticks with me through the good AND the bad. He has seem me cry (a lot), he's seen me hysterical, he's seem me hormonal, moody, cranky, etc. etc. and surprisingly enough, he's still here! :) He never gives up on me, and is my #1 cheerleader and support. He constantly reminds me of who I am and that I am capable of anything. His love and support gets me through the day. And those are just a FEW things that make my husband who he is to me.
My kids can make my day in a single moment. Kyle isn't always obedient and have taken up selective hearing more often than not lately. But he is the sweetest boy I know. He will do things for me without having to be asked, simply because he knows what I expect of him. He always tells me to smile and be happy. He asks for hugs and to be held! He makes me laugh and brightens my day with the things he says. "You're a good boy mommy. You're a good friend... and a good mommy." :) Jared is such a joy! One smile from him is as genuine as it gets. He seems to love me already, and simply because I am his mom and I take care of him the best I know how.
These people are precious to me. They are so important to me. As I've thought more about the tornado in Joplin, MO and the people who lost everything, including family, I have come to see my husband and kids as the most important thing I have. They are so dear to me and, honestly, they are the ones that make me a better person. I could not be where I am today without each of them. They have affected me in a way I can't describe and I am forever thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment