Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Silly Kyle

So it's been a while since I posted pictures, and I thought it was about time that I did. I've been using my blog partly as a journal to express my thoughts, but Alex convinced me that my few readers would be more interested in these cute boys and what I'm doing with my life than the deep thoughts that go on inside my ever moving brain. :) So here you go.. A few of the things that my boys are doing lately....

I asked Kyle to give me a silly face and this is what I got. What kid does that??? Maybe it was reverse psychology or something cuz when I ask him to sit still and smile he does the opposite as well....


This is more like it. :) He thought it was pretty funny that I would ask him to do this to his face. I think that's pretty funny too. ha ha!



And here is my sweet Jared, 5 months old! He is sleeping better these days, but still not sleeping through the night. Kyle and Jared are pretty different with their sleeping habits. Kyle was terrible at first, and then we let him cry it out at 4 months and he slept like an angel day and night. Jared, however, could cry all night and it wouldn't do a bit of good so I've been learning how to treat my children differently. Which is kind of a shock to me. All growing up I got so upset that my mom would dare give different guidelines to each of my siblings and me, and not expect the same things out of all of us! Now I'm beginning to understand mom... Thanks for teaching me that. :)
I just can't get enough of those ears! I love seeing his smiling face and seeing him improve on his sitting skills. He's still a little wobbly and I don't trust him to sit without me, or some padding, there with him, but I think he is doing pretty darn good!

He loves to take his binky out and play with it. He used to get mad that it came out of his mouth, but I think once he realized that it was him that controlled that, he made it a toy! Except when he is tired. Then that binky stays put and keeps him as quiet as ever!

So, I thought I'd also post a few things that Kyle has been saying lately, mostly for my family since they don't get to see him grow and say all these silly, profound things. Enjoy! :)

"Tomorrow is my birthday, tonight!"
"Mommy, you're a good boy. And a good friend... and a good mommy."
"Mommy! You're hair looks so pretty!" (note that he said this when I was sick yesterday and my hair was an absolute mess from laying around ALL DAY! no shower included.)
"I already went pee. And I went poop, and I went pee.... that's so fun!"
"Can I have some macky-no-nee cheese?"
"Can you smile with your teeth mommy?"
"I have to look at the pickers (pictures) in my dippers (scriptures)."
(falls on the ground) "Ouch! Mommy, I fink I broke something."
"No one the people see my unnerwear!"
"1,2,3,4,16,14,14,16,16,16,13,leventeen,leventeen,14,16... 17!!!"
"I don't fink that's daylight..." Direct quote from Woody in Toy Story 3. There are many more just like this one. :)

No comments: