Sunday, February 19, 2012

TriFAHL

April 14, 2012 is going to mark the first triathlon I will have ever done! I am both nervous and excited about it. It is not a normal triathlon as it is even shorter than a sprint triathlon, but that is the whole purpose of the race. It is called the Women's TriFAHL, which stands for Tri For a Healthy Life. They don't want anyone to have a reason not to do it. It is a 3 lap swim, 9 mile bike, and then a 2 mile run. I haven't even attempted the bike yet, probably because I don't own a bike, but I will borrow one and try it soon. I can do the swim and the run, but it is a little more tricky when you have to do them all in one race! Ahh! I really do like training for this though. It's good to have an end goal that I am working toward that seems attainable. Most the girls here are doing a half marathon and that seems a little too much for me. It's great to train for all three events too because I think it helps me get better at each one by working on them all. I hope it goes well and I can stay in shape even after it happens.

No comments: