Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year

Happy New Year Everyone!! Kyle is now 7 months, which means I haven't blogged for a month now. I am such a big slacker because of two reasons... One: I am not an avid photographer like some people are. (although I would like to be. If I had a faster camera that didn't eat batteries like candy...) So usually I am at a loss for pictures to post, and Two: I have a pretty boring life most the time. But I have made a resolve like so many others to blog more often. I want to be able to look back and see the changes and fun things that happened, especially since I'm not that great at keeping a journal either.

So I guess I'll start with CHRISTMAS!! We really had a fun Christmas this year. I got Alex the new Droid phone that he has been trying to persuade me to get for him. I finally gave in. I sure love that man. :) Alex was very sweet this Christmas and tried to come up with some fun gifts for me although I never asked for anything. Here's what he came up with...

Every time Alex gets me flowers, they end up in the biggest cup I can find. Alex decided to get me a vase, and a week later bought some flowers to go in it! It was so perfect! :)

Alex also let me get a new shirt and new PANTS!! I have been trying to wear my maternity pants and an old pair from before my pregnancy for the last 7 months because I haven't bought pants in forever. I am also happy to say that through lots of exersize and running on the treadmill, I went down to the same pants size I was pre-pregnancy! I love my new pants. :)

Alex's parents were so kind and generous and got us a new TV stand. We can't really have anything like an entertainment center while we are in small living spaces and moving a lot, so this was a perfect gift. Our DVD player was sitting on the floor and we had no slots to put our DVD's in so they were layed inside my parents old cedar chest. Now they all have a spot!

Old TV stand (parent's old cedar chest)

New TV stand=A place for our speakers, DVD player, and DVDs!! YAY!
(It looks blue here, but it really is black)
Alex surprised me this year too! He had found a table and chair set on KSL and kept it at his grandparent's house until Christmas day. I was so happy to replace our old card table and DI folding chairs. We have been so blessed this year to be upgrading and having such nice things for our little home. The puzzle on the table is actually my mom's but Alex did in fact get me a puzzle for Christmas too. We both love to do puzzles now. He usually finds the random pieces. The ones you have looked for for hours and he comes along and says "Oh. That one goes here." But I have a talent for getting all of one color and putting it all together.
**************************
I thought I'd put a few things of Kyle in here too. I absolutely LOVE being his mother. I love being the one he gives kisses to, the one he looks for when he is worried, hurt or sad. I love making him laugh and feel comforted. He is one of my greatest joys in life and can always make me smile with the new personality that is getting more fun everyday! He is growing so fast and becoming such a sweet boy. We love him so much!!
You can almost always see him with a finger or two in his mouth. He is also discovering his ears and most the time can't figure out why they won't come off.
He is always trying to climb on whatever he can and see what else is going on.

His fun personality makes everyone smile. :) Everyone says he looks like a cabbage patch doll!
He is also more vocal than ever! He loves making this noise that sounds like "duh duh duh" in a really low, manly voice. I couldn't get the video of it to work, so I'll have to try posting it another time in the future.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

What fun! Sounds like you had a great Christmas!

Bailee was also a finger sucker. :) I love the photo of you two together and the bottom one with his cute smile!

Boyers said...

congrats on your "pants"!! i am very jealous since i have no motivation and have not lost a pound since the day i came home from the hospital!!!

Maggie said...

Kyle is so cute! I'm so glad we were able to get together and have dinner the other night. We will have to do it again soon! We need to come see your new place. I'm sure it looks great, especially with all your nice furniture. Yeay for you guys!