I DREAD going to the grocery store alone! Alone meaning with myself and Kyle. It means that I have to sit Kyle in the cart and hold onto his hands so he doesn't grab the bags sitting around him and make sure he doesn't fall out as I grab something off the shelf. It also means that I have to coordinate moving the groceries in the car, putting away the cart, taking the groceries OUT of the car and into the house, and knowing what to do with Kyle the whole time! I am kinda paranoid that if I leave Kyle in the car for two seconds while I put the cart away, he's going to get kidnapped. SO... I just prayed and hoped that when I had to go on Monday (because we had put it off all weekend, being so busy, and watching Avatar instead) I would be able to do it without complications. So I got myself and Kyle in the car and drove over to Smith's. First thing, I find an EXCELLENT deal on cream of chicken soup, a main ingredient for many things that is so hard to find in bulk. Then I completed my shopping with no problems with Kyle, and no problems finding what I needed. I proceeded to check out and when I got to the car, I strapped Kyle in the car (thinking that if someone were to try to kidnap him while I put the cart away, it would take to long to get him out and they'd give up) then I began to put the groceries in the car. As soon as I had finished a Smith's employee came out of nowhere and grabbed my cart for me! I thanked her and drove home. When I got home there was an empty parking spot across from where I parked so that it was extremely easy to get to my apartment without squeezing my load between cars. When I got inside, I put Kyle down for a nap cuz he was getting tired while I was out shopping. So Kyle was able to sleep while I brought in the groceries! It was also a blessing for Kyle to take a nap then so I could just get everything put away and separate and freeze the meats.
I realized that through these small and simple things I had been truly blessed that day. It was not just luck or coincidence (not sure how to spell that). They were all tender mercies planted in my day to help keep me aware that my Heavenly Father loves me and knows me, and wants me to be happy.
3 comments:
That is great for things to work out so nicely for you. It's not easy being a mom and doing things that used to be so easy. I think it's the tender mercies that keep us going and help us throughout our days.
That's one thing I'm dreading about having kids, is the grocery shopping! Well, not dreading. Just nervous I guess. I bet that once I get a system down it won't be so bad. So glad your trip went well!
Sarah-
I thought of you yesterday while I was grocery shopping. One day our maids will just do it for us! :)
Post a Comment